Hello and welcome to my Baccarat guide. Here I will review the most basic rules for you – also check out my list Canadian licensed casinos offering Baccarat!
Baccarat is a casino game played worldwide. The game is believed to originate from Italy around the 15th century. Baccarat is a simple game with only three possible outcomes – “Player”, “Bank” and “Draw”. In Punto Banco Baccarat – which is the most ordinary version played today – can be played on all three outcomes. Each outcome has a specific percentage to win:
- The Bank win 45,84% of the rounds
- The Player win 44,61% of the rounds
- 9,55% of the rounds ends in tie between the Player and the Bank
Different versions of Baccarat
There is a lot of different versions of Baccarat and three of them are accepted internationally. The games are named: Baccarat Chemin, Baccarat Banque and Punto Banco.
Punto Banco is a game of chance where neither strategy nor abilities are present. In Baccarat Chemin and Baccarat Banque, players have the opportunity to make choices and thereby use their skills and strategy.
At the online casino, the punto banco variant of Baccarat is often played. Thus, the player does not have the opportunity to make choices along the way.
Like blackjack, baccarat is about drawing cards and get as close to a certain score as possible.
– In baccarat the best score is 9. It’s not possible to get a score higher than 9.
– Aces is equal to 1, picture cards are equal to 10 and all other cards is equal to their stated number.
– Its only the last number that counts in the total score
Let’s use an example:
You have drawn 3+8 which is equal to a score of 11 but since it’s only the last number that counts your total score is 1. This hand is not good in baccarat because its low. Another example could be 10+4=14 but only the last number counts, which gives you a total score of 4.
Baccarat is played between bank and player. In Chemin De Fer and Baccarat Banque the players shift between playing bank and player. In Punto Banco its always the casino which plays the bank and players can bet on player, bank and tie.
In all the different versions of Baccarat the game starts with the player and bank both get to cards. If one of the hands or both hands is equal to 8 or 9 the game is tie.
• If the player has 6 or 7, he needs to stand
• If the player has 0-5, he needs to draw one more card
• If the player has 6 or 7 the player and the bank need to draw a third card
• If the bank has a score of 2 or less the bank needs to draw a third card, regardless of what the player’s third card is.
• If the bank’s score is 3, then the bank must draw a card, unless the player’s third card was 8.
• If the bank’s score is 4 then the bank must draw a card unless the player’s third card was 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7.
• If the bank’s score is 5 then the bank must draw a card unless the player’s third card was 4, 5, 6 or 7.
• If the bank’s score is 6 then the bank must draw a card unless the player’s third card was 6 or 7.
• If the bank’s score is 7, the bank needs to stand.
If you win as bank or player, you get paid 1:1. If you win on a draw you get paid 6:1.
Baccarat is tracked back to the 15th century in Italy. But it was first in the 19th century in France that the game became popular. Baccarat Banque was the original version of the game and it was pretty time consuming. Later on, the Chemin De Fer version became popular.
Chemin De Fer means railroad on French and was named that because it was less time consuming than Baccarat Banque.
Gradually as the casinos became bigger and more organised, Punto Banco became more popular. In this version it’s only the dealer who draw cards which makes it possible for more players to take part in the game. More than 90% of baccarat played on casinos is Punto Blanco.
Baccarat is played worldwide. One of the places where Baccarat is played most is in Macau, Asia, where 75% of its revenue comes from Baccarat. Baccarat is of course also played online at various online casinos.
If you know which game James Bond prefers, you probably already know a lot about the rules of Baccarat. Rich people and high rollers often play Baccarat because of the exclusivity and atmosphere of the game – both in Las Vegas and Macau, it has been known that Baccarat was where a lot of money was played. There are stories about men who has played their whole fortune away in just a few hours in the Baccarat rooms.
Good advices to new Baccarat players
Baccarat is a different and challenging casino game. Below are a few good tips for new players who would like to get started with Baccarat.
• Baccarat can be played free on many online casinos. It’s a very good I idea to practice for free before you begin playing with real money.
• Learn the rules of Baccarat before you begin playing.
There are plenty of reasons to get started with this fun casino game. The excitement is top notch, so play like James Bond and win big today.Check out Casino bonuses here!