The good old lottery – it’s one of the eldest forms of gambling and probably one of the most cozy, as well! Lotto is plain to understand, but there are a few things you should know. Read more about Lotto here!
BAD ODDS IN LOTTO
While lotto is probably one of the most beloved gambling games, the odds of winning are lowest there.
The probability of winning the Euro jackpot in the lottery, for instance, amounts to about 1 in 95 million! A Danish statistics professor has created a vivid example to show how microscopically small your chances of winning really are:
- Imagine a high-speed train passing about 95 million buckets of 10 litres standing next to the railway tracks.
- The buckets stand directly next to each other and are about 30 cm in diameter. That’s about 28.000km of buckets!
- The train runs about 150km/h and the trip past all the buckets would take about 8 days. And at exactly some point during this period you have to throw out a stone which hits precisely the right bucket!
HOW TO WIN AT LOTTERY
Winning the big jackpot in the lottery is thus not too easy. You can’t even hope for small prizes: On average, the lottery players receive a measly 40% win per lottery ticket!
In other words, for every 100 Euros you spend on buying lottery tickets, you can expect an amount of only 45 Euros. If at all!
These are very small odds compared to pretty much all other online casino games – especially Blackjack, where the winnings even exceed 99%!
HOW TO CHOOSE LOTTERY NUMBERS
All lottery numbers share the same odds, so it doesn’t matter which number you choose. There are several approaches to this: Some choose their birthday or their favorite number, while others systematically wander through the whole number sheet.
Some lotteries also offer a function with which you can automatically and systematically run through all the numbers. You can set the rhythm per week or month.
Whether you believe in luck or a systematic approach, the chances of winning are the same. Just follow your instincts and enjoy!
INCREASE YOUR WINNING ODDS IN LOTTO
If you’re like me, you’re always looking for the best odds and methods to win. But frankly, lotto is so incredibly random that there are no real ways to increase the odds.
You can, however, buy more lottery tickets – or throw more stones if we want to stick to the previous analogy. Keep in mind the chances of winning the jackpot are the same for every lottery ticket.
Nevertheless, there are ways to optimize your approach, even if it probably doesn’t meet your expectations!
The most bizarre way to increase your odds would be to bet 6 numbers in a row or any other combination no one else would choose. This way you might completely win the jackpot for yourself!
In gambling, the house always wins, but in lottery, the win is absolutely terrifying for players. I would rather try my luck at the online casino if I were you! Visit the home page and check out my list of trusted and regulated casinos and grab your great welcome bonus!
- With Deposit 0 £ + 10 Free Spins Play here 10 Free Spins credited upon your first £10 deposit on Stampede slot only, valued at 25p per spin. Free spins must be used within 48 hours of qualifying. All winnings are uncapped and credited to your real money balance
- With Deposit 100 £ + 25 Free Spins Play here The Bonus Policy is an integral part of the Terms and Conditions of Use and thus come into effect with the Terms and Conditions of Use. Any general terms of the Terms and Conditions of Use shall apply to the Bonus Policy, except where explicitly excluded.
- With Deposit 0 £ + 125 Free Spins Play here
- With Deposit 1.000 £ + 100 Free Spins Play here 1st dep £20-£500, Max Bonus £500, Spin the wheel for 10-100 spin on selected NetEnt slots. Max. convertible, Wagering requirements on the sum of deposit & bonus and T&Cs apply.