Welcome to my site, where you can learn all about playing the amazing game of online roulette from the comforts of home. If you have come to learn the rules of the games and pick up some tips and tricks, you are in luck! You will also find some of the best operating sites and bonuses.
I have gathered all the information you need for a rewarding experience. You just need to signup and choose your preferred roulette game to start playing today!
Keep reading to learn everything you need to know about this easy to play and rewarding casino game. You will surely be able to find reliable and trustworthy sites that deliver endless roulette action. Check out the super variations and test them for free!
Bernie’s favourites: Best online roulette casinos
Brief history of roulette
Roulette has been enjoyed by players around the world for hundreds of years. The game originated in France where it was played in Paris back in 1796. The early roulette games had a single and double zero. In 1843, a single zero roulette wheel was introduced and used to help casinos attract players since it offered a lower house edge. By the end of the century, roulette had found its way to America.
Roulette became one of the popular games in Louisiana and instead of offering 38 numbers like today, the wheel had just 28 numbers, two zeroes, and an American Eagle symbol. Since US casinos wanted a better edge, they chose the two zeros on the wheel. The American version of roulette is still the most common found at land casinos today.
It wasn’t until 1996 that online roulette was introduced. This opened a new door for players. With the ability to play roulette online players were able to enjoy more game variations. The best casinos started offering American, French, and European roulette, along with other variations. Now, the best online roulette sites present many opportunities to play this classic game.
Roulette Rules: The basics
The rules of roulette are not hard to understand. You can make use of some free online games to learn rules and practice betting skills and strategies. With this game, you will be placing a wager on a number or a group of numbers on the roulette wheel.
The dealer will spin the ball on the outer rim and this ball will fall into a numbered space. The object of the game is to determine where the ball will land. Before the spin you can place your bets around the table. Once the ball is released, betting ceases. When the ball finally lands on a number, it is announced to players at the table.
Markers will be used to indicate winning bets and all of these will be paid accordingly. These simple rules make roulette a great option for new gamblers. Overall, the rules of roulette are not difficult to learn. You will spend more time learning the betting options and their associated payouts.
- With Deposit 1.000 £ + 50 Free Spins Play here 50x bonus wagering required, max bet £6.25 until completed. Game weighting applies. 2 day expiry for bonuses. eWallets excluded. T&Cs apply.
- With Deposit 200 £ + 0 Free Spins Play here Opt-in Required. New Players Only. Wagering occurs from real balance first. 50x wagering the bonus or any winnings generated from free spins. Contribution may vary per game. The wagering requirement is calculated on bonus bets only. Bonus is valid for 30 days / Free spins valid for 7 days from issue.Max conversion: 5 times the bonus amount or from free spins: USD/GBP/EUR 20 or 200 kr. Full Terms Apply.
- With Deposit 400 £ + 50 Free Spins Play here New Customers Only. First Deposit only. Min Deposit £10. Max 50 bonus spins on selected slots only. 2x Conversion. 20x Wagering. Who can benefit for this promotion: The Welcome Deposit offer is only available to verified new account holders aged 18 or over making their first deposit with us. What is the promotion about: The following deposit spins are available: 1st Deposit - Deposit between £10-£29 get 20 spins, £30-£39 get 30 spins, £40-£49 get 40 spins, £50+ get 50 spins on select games.
- With Deposit 1.500 £ + 0 Free Spins Play here Full T&Cs apply. No Deposit Offer : New players only • £88 is granted in FreePlay (FP) • FP must be claimed within 48 hrs of receiving the email and expires after 14 days • FP wins are credited as bonus and capped at £15, exc. JP win • Deposit Bonus Offer: £20 min deposit • 100% up to £100 Bonus • Bonus wins are capped at £500 • To withdraw bonus & related wins, wager 30 x (bonus amount) within 90 days • Restrictions apply to deposit until wagering requirement fulfilled • Wagering req. vary by game • This offer may not be combined with any other offer • Withdrawal restrictions & full T&Cs apply: No Deposit Offer terms & Deposit Bonus Offer terms.
How to play & win online roulette
Betting options for online roulette
When you play any of the online roulette games I discuss here, you will have various betting options. It is important to learn how to place bets on the table. Below, we cover the types of bets that can be placed. New players should become familiar with these options. You will also find you can hover over a spot on the table to learn about the available bets and their payouts.
There are many ways in which you can place wagers when you are engaging in online roulette games. The great number of options is what attracts many players. It keeps the game interesting and provides you with many different ways to bet and use betting strategies.
Before you start playing any roulette game, we suggest you become completely familiar with the types of bets that are supported. Knowing these will help you determine how much to wager on certain bets and what they can offer for payouts when they hit.
· Straight /Single: With this, you will bet on a single number. If the ball lands in that space, you win. The payout for this bet is 35:1. Straight bets are the simplest bets to place on the roulette table.
· Street: Street bets include wagering on a number within a row of three numbers. For example, your bet may be 1, 2, 3, or 27, 28, 29. A payout of 11:1 is earned if the ball lands on any of these.
· Corner / Square: Similar to a split bet, corner and square bets are placed on four numbers. These all need to touch on the table to form the shape of a square.
· Basket: A basket bet is placed on the numbers 0, 1, 2, and 3. This bet is also referred to as the First Four bet. Basket bets are not as common, but can be quite rewarding.
· Six Line: This bet consists of six numbers. These numbers must be on two adjacent lines, each containing three numbers.
· Trio: This bet is placed on an intersecting point of three numbers that form a triangle on the table. The bet must include the zero or zeros.
· Red or Black: You will choose red or black on the table. If the ball lands on your selected color, you will win. This is an even money bet with 50% odds of winning.
· Odd or Even: This works just like the red or black bet, but you will be choosing whether the ball lands on an odd or even number.
· Columns: When betting columns, you will wager on a full column on the table. This will consist of 12 numbers and the ball can land on any of those for the bet to win.
· Dozens: This bet also covers 12 numbers, but the numbers will be in order. The options include 1st 12, 2nd 12, and 3rd 12. Winning bets earn double your bet amount.
Roulette announced/called bets:
Called and announced bets at the roulette table can only be placed when playing in a land venue. Instead of pacing your chips on your selected bet, you will verbally call out the bet. The croupier will place your chips on that specific bet based on your verbal cue. Announced bets are often used by experienced players. They are not allowed at all roulette tables, so be sure to check table rules when you take a seat.
In some certain roulette games as in European roulette or French roulette, they offer special bets, also known as French bets:
· Neighbours / Voisins: This special bet will be placed on 17 numbers that are on either side of the zero. The numbers are those on the wheel, not on the table.
· Orphans / Orphelins: This bet covers two sections of the wheel that are not included in the Voisins bet. The numbers include 17, 34, 6 and 1, 14, 20, 9, 31.
· Zero Game / Jeu Zéro: This bet will cover 7 numbers and these are numbers that are closest to the single zero pocket on the roulette wheel.
It should be noted that with French Roulette, the 0 is a special number field. This is different from American Roulette, where the 0 and 00 are on the wheel and the betting field.
Top 5 – Free Spins without Deposit
Roulette Strategy, tips & tricks
Many players who hit the roulette tables will want to make use of game strategies and tips that can enhance their chances of winning. There are no proven strategies that will guarantee a win, but some may be helpful in managing the bankroll, which is also an important strategy when playing any real money roulette game.
Dedicated roulette players have devoted a lot of time to creating strategies they believe will give them an edge when playing the game. While these strategies can result in some payouts, they are not a guaranteed way to win consistently. As a new player, you should learn about various strategies that have been used by
the pros over the years. Again, these are not proven ways to beat the house, but they can offer some benefits.
Gambling strategies are used for about as long as the games themselves exist. Nevertheless, nobody has been able to hit the table so far. Do not trust every single piece of information on the Internet, but approach the strategies carefully. Otherwise, you run the risk of losing a lot of money. In the following section, take a look at the most common strategies for the game and decide the right approach for you!
With the Martingale strategy, you will be doubling the amount of your initial bet after you lose a game. The goal with this strategy is to recoup past losses and gain a small profit from the increased bet amounts. All losing bets must be doubled for this strategy to work. However, it can also lead to some large losses if a win is not enjoyed and it can quickly deplete the bankroll.
This strategy is one of the riskiest to use and it is not often used by experienced players. The main problem is running the risk of depleting the bankroll quickly or reaching table maximum bet amounts before winning. Long losing streaks will be almost impossible to recover from when using this method of betting.
This is a complex betting system where you will add the amount of the last two bets together to create the new bet amount. It is a high-risk strategy that is best suited for those with large bankrolls as it can lead to fast losses if you are unable to hit at the table.
While many players continue to use this betting strategy, there is no proof that it actually works. In fact, the odds of getting certain numbers are exactly the same no matter what betting strategy is being used. You will find that most experienced players will avoid using any betting system since none are proven to actually increase the chances of winning.
The James Bond strategy is very specific. You will bet $140 on high numbers and $50 on 13 through 18. You will also place a $10 bet on 0. If any of the bets win, you can enjoy a decent profit. However, the risk is that there is a lower chance of numbers 1-12 appearing for the larger win amount.
When you make use of this strategy, there will be a total of 25 numbers that can win and only 12 that can lose. This may make you think that the odds are now in your favour. However, the opposite is true. In the long run, you will lose with this strategy, with a loss of about 20units for every 37 spins that are played.
With this betting strategy, you will be increasing your bet amount when you win at the tables. If you lose, the amount of the bet will be decreased. With this, players can take full advantage of winning streaks and minimize losses when the tables are not hot.
Before using this strategy, you need to do a few things. You will need to determine the amount of the bankroll you are willing to lose. You will also have to choose the basic bet that will be placed and what types of bets will be placed. You will also have to set a target win amount.
This is a betting system that is a bit safe than the Martingale strategies. You will be increasing and decreasing the bet amount by just one unit. This reduces the higher doubled increase and allows you to extend the bankroll. Wagers are increased after a loss and decreased after a win.
This betting strategy does have a lower variance than other mentioned strategies. There are lower chances of incurring large losses and you have a better chance of remaining in control of your bankroll. If you do lose, the amounts of losses will increase gradually instead of in a large amount as with the Martingale system.
Here, you will place bets on even money options. This is a negative progression betting system where you will bet until you reach a set win amount. You must set a goal win amount before using the system and will divide that number into five smaller amounts that add up to the total. Then add the first and last numbers to determine your bet amount.
The actual sequence will be entirely up to you. You will have to determine the amount you wish to win overall and divide that along the sequence. If you win, you will cross out the numbers that have been used and a new set of numbers will be used to determine the next bet amount.
Playing Online roulette: The good and the bad
Online roulette games can provide some great entertainment. However, if you are planning to play roulette online for real money funds, you need to be aware of the pros and cons. Online roulette gambling does come with a risk, though the game can also prove to be quite lucrative. Take a look at the benefits and drawbacks before you make a decision to play online.
- Online casinos offer multiple variations of the game for free and real money
- Game rules are easy to learn and understand, making it a great game for beginners
- There are many different betting options to keep the game interesting
- You can enjoy roulette games using your PC and mobile device for 24-hour acces
- The outcome of the game is completely random. Skills and strategies seldom offer benefit
- Online roulette lacks the social interactions you would find at land casino
- Not many online casinos feature bonuses that can be used to pay roulette game
- The game is highly addictive and the simplicity of wagering online could lead to gambling problems
Types of roulette
When you make the decision to play at an online roulette casino, you will find there are many variants of the game that will be offered. The exact games will vary based on the software provider that is being used to power the site. However, since roulette is one of the popular titles enjoyed by many, you will often find some great selections.
Here, we take a closer look at the thrilling roulette games you may find when you choose a casino site. These games can be previewed for free or you can start betting right away. Get ready to enjoy some of the popular variations and see why these continue to be top choices for fans of this classic casino game.
European roulette is the most popular of all variations as it offers the best advantage for the player. The game is played with 37 heel spaces and only a single zero is used. Those looking to play for real money should always seek out European roulette so you have the best chances at winning with the lower house edge.
With French Roulette, the wheel structure is the same as with European roulette but bets are listed in French. There are two added rules when playing this version, En Prison and La Partage. The first is triggered when the ball lands on 0. The bet is kept in the table. With La Partage, if the ball lands on 0, even bets are divided and half goes to the house and the other half back to you.
American roulette follows the same rules of European Roulette and the betting options are also the same. The main difference is that this version uses the double zero pocket. Having this added space on the online roulette wheel will increase the house edge. This variation is often avoided by experienced players. American Roulette is often the only game featured at land casinos because it reduces player odds of winning.
With Triple Zero Roulette, there are three zeros in use instead of the one or two with other variations. This game has the highest house edge of all roulette games and your overall chances of winning are much lower. The game comes with a 7.69% house edge, the worst of all online roulette games.
This is a variation of French Roulette. The main difference is that there are only 7 players allowed at the table. The combinations and payouts remain the same. There is no En Prison rule in play. If the ball lands on 0, you simply lose half of the bet.
Mini roulette is just a smaller version of standard roulette. With this game, there are just 13 spaces on the roulette wheel. You have 12 numbers on the table to bet on along with a single zero. The smaller playing field can offer big payouts and it is a great game for beginners.
Multi Ball Roulette
Multi ball roulette is played following European roulette rules and there are three balls in play. Some casinos have games with up to 10 balls. With three or more outcomes, you have more chances to collect payouts. Payouts will be split based on the number of balls that are in play.
Multi Wheel Roulette
With multi-wheel roulette games, there are more than one wheel in play. The game follows standard rules of European roulette, but the multi-wheels offer the chance to win more than once on a single bet. Some games have up to 8 wheels in play. The cost of the bet will be increased based on how many wheels you are wagering on.
Live Dealer Roulette
Live dealer roulette is designed to replicate a life-like experience. You can play multiple versions in a live format, including American, French, and European Roulette. The games are streamed from land location and use professional; croupiers. These games are not controlled by a random number generator.
Live dealer roulette is one of the most popular options when it comes to playing games online. With these games, you will be playing titles in real-time as they are streamed in HD from land locations. Live games deliver the feeling of being in a land casino. You have the same betting options and same game rules, but a much more realistic experience.
Each software provider has different live dealer roulette games that can be enjoyed online. Some of the more popular options you will find include Immersive Roulette, Auto Roulette, Lightning Roulette, Slingshot Roulette, and Speed Roulette. These games deliver intense action while offering the chance to win real money payouts.
If you are looking to play online roulette, these may be a great choice. You can enjoy interacting with dealers and players and will benefit from many game options.
- Backtrack: This is known as the outer rim on the roulette wheel when the ball will be spun.
- Bottom track: The bottom track is another part of the roulette wheel and is the slanted area. This is where the ball will slide into a final pocket.
- Chameleon: This is a player that mimics what others are ding at the table. Players will watch for others that have won and will copy their strategy as they play.
- Chasing Losses: A method of trying to recoup losses that have already been suffered. Most players will increase bet amounts to chase those losses.
- Check rack: When you are playing roulette in a land casino, this is where you will store your chips that are used for betting.
- Combination bet: A bet that makes use of one or more chips that are placed on two or more numbers.
- Croupier: This is the one who controls the game, acting like a dealer in card games. Croupier is the formal term and is usually used by roulette enthusiasts.
- En prison: This is a rule that is used when playing French Roulette. It means that when a zero is the outcome, players will receive half of their wager in return or they can leave it “in prison” for the next round.
- Even/odd: A betting option where you will wager on whether the ball will land in a pocket of an even or an odd number.
- High bet: Players known this as being an even money bet that is placed on the numbers 1 through 8, or the top half of the playing field.
- Inside bet: Consists of any bet that is placed on a number betting area on the table. Inside bets tend to have higher odds for players.
- Marker: A marker is a device that is used to mark the winning number after the end of a roulette round. No new bets are allowed until the marker is removed from the table.
- Martingale: This is a popular betting strategy that is used by experienced players. You will double your bet amount after any loss until you enjoy a win on the game.
- Mini Roulette: Mini Roulette is a scaled down version of standard roulette, using a smaller wheel. There are just 13 numbers in play and the payouts are adjusted. Half of the losses will be returns when a zero lands in the pocket of the wheel.
- Outside bet: This is a bet that is placed on the outer part of the betting field. These cover larger sections of the wheel and have lower odds. Most are even money bets.
- Straight Up: Straight up bets are placed on a single number. These bets offer the best payouts in any version of roulette, offering a reward of 35:1.
- Split: A split is a bet that covers tow numbers that are adjacent on the table. You place a chip at the intersection of these numbers.
- Tiers: This is a special bet that is placed on a group of numbers. The numbers are in a specific section of the wheel and are paired with neighbours.
- Double zero or 00: The wheel will have a space for the zero or double zero. All roulette games have a single zero, with American Roulette offering the double zero pocket. Double zero games have a higher house edge.
- Gaffed Wheel: You may hear this phrase being used when playing roulette at a land casino. It refers to the wheel being rigged in some manner to alter the outcome of the game.
- Negative Progression: This is a phrase that pertains to roulette betting strategies. It means that you will reduce the size of the bet instead of increasing it as with popular systems like Martingale.
- Section Slicing: This is not a common term, but some experienced players will use it. It means the wheel is divided into sections that are based on what numbers have been hitting in past rounds.
- Wheel Clocking: Again, this is used with live games or land based roulette games. Wheel clocking means that someone tracks the results if the spins to learn of any patterns taking place. There is an alternative meaning, which is to clock the speed of the heel to predict where the ball may land.
- Biased Wheel: This is a term that players use when they believe the wheel has a certain imperfection. Is imperfection may cause certain numbers to appear more often than others.
Free online roulette games
Many of the best online roulette UK casinos will offer the ability to play free games. While these will not cost anything to play, they also provide no payouts. Free roulette games are used to become familiar with new versions of the game and to master game rules. You may also find that experienced players use free games to enhance skills or develop new strategies.
Free online roulette games are a great starting point for anyone that has never played roulette in the past. They can be used at any tie and there are no time constraints. These games will help new players become comfortable with betting options and can be a useful tool when practicing strategies.
Online roulette bonus
You will often find that online casino roulette can be enjoyed using provided bonuses and promotions. Many casino sites will welcome new players with a bonus when they sign up. One offer to watch for is an online roulette no deposit deal. This requires no deposit to be made. You just sign up and the site will credit your account with funds to use on supported roulette games.
In addition to welcome bonuses, you may find that some sites have offers for playing live dealer roulette games. These are beneficial for real money members who already know the rules of the game and are comfortable placing real money wagers. Online roulette bonuses can vary per site and there are some super deals available that can enhance your casino online roulette experience.
Online roulette bonuses provide a great way to receive additional funds to use when placing a wager on games. When redeeming any casino bonus, be sure to read the terms of each offer. These will inform you of the maximum value of the bonus, the maximum bet amount allowed, and how much you can win while using bonus funds. It will also inform you of the wagering requirements.
Best online roulette for real money
If you are ready to get started with the best online roulette, you have come to the right place. All of our casinos are licensed and regulated, offering a safe and secure environment. You can easily signup and create a new member account. After making your deposit, you can immediately start wagering on some of the hottest roulette games in the industry.
The best roulette online game will offer a low house edge and good player odds. It is important to compare the different game variations before making a selection. Most players will suggest European Roulette as it has the lowest house edge. With multiple game variations supported, you can find exciting options playing standard games or thrilling live dealer roulette titles.
With so many top-rated online casinos presenting roulette options, you have some excellent choices. The best games are tested on a regular basis and provide verified payout rates. You can choose the best game based on these percentages.
Finding the best roulette game for you
We wish you all the luck as you engage in your real money roulette experience. Finding the right game may take some time. We urge you to check out the free game variations that are supported on our page. With these, you can check out game rules and pick up some tips and tricks for being a successful player.
As you play real money online roulette, you need to be safe and secure. Responsible gambling is the key to success when playing online. This means you should take steps to manage your bankroll to avoid overspending. If you do develop any issues, the customer support teams at our suggested sites can offer assistance.
You will also find that our sites offer a full page dedicated to responsible gambling. Here, you can find links to organisations that can offer counseling and help you learn how to properly manage a bankroll. Each player will have a different preference. Some prefer the action of mini roulette while others want a traditional experience of playing European versions of the game.
Online Roulette - FAQ
To win at roulette, you must be sure you understand all game rules and betting options. This can take some time for new players. The best way to prepare is to play some free games. With these, you can learn the different bets that can be placed and what these bets can offer for payouts. You will also be able to chat with other players to learn tips. Winning at roulette is all about luck. There are no proven ways to beat the house with this classic casino game.
Roulette strategies are not actually things you do during a game, but are related to how you place wagers. They are either progressive or non-progressive betting strategies. While these may help you win a large payout once in a while, they can be costly If you use a strategy where you have to increase bets after losing hands, your bankroll can quickly become depleted. Some players swear by strategies, but we have not found these to guarantee any way to win while playing the game.
Most players who have used strategies over the years will say that the Martingale strategy is the best option. With this, you will double your bet amount after every hand that is lost. As you increase wagers, you are also increasing the possible payout if you do win. The win amount should then cover the majority of the losses that have been incurred. This strategy does not mean you will walk away a winner and it should only be used occasionally when you have a large enough bankroll to cover the increased bet amounts.
The James Bond strategy is a safer bet than the Martingale strategy since you are not increasing bet amounts. Instead, you are covering every possible outcome with three bets that are placed. The result is that in most cases, one of these bets will win, allowing you to collect payouts with every round that is played. You are not guaranteed profits, but you can win more often than when placing just one bet on the table.
The best bet when playing roulette is an even money bet. This includes odd/even or red/black. While these bets only pay 1:1, your chances of winning are 50% with every game that is played. If you are looking for the bet that offers the highest possible payout, you will want to place a straight bet on a single number, which will earn a payout of 35:1. However, the odds of winning this bet are quite small, so even money bets offer more chances to win, even though the payouts are less.
There is no specific number that hits more than any other when you are playing the game of roulette. The outcome of the game is completely random. While some players will track past numbers, there is no proven way to determine what number will be the next to be called. Some players will place their bets on numbers that have appeared most frequently in the past 10 or 20 games. This is not a guaranteed way to win, though many feel that certain numbers can become hit at some point during the game.
Online roulette games offer each and every player the same chances of winning. These games are not rigged. They are controlled by a random number generator and that RNG is tested on a regular basis. During casino audits, all games are tested for fairness and the payout percentages are verified. When you play online roulette, you have the same chances of winning as any other player that is enjoying the game.
As mentioned, all of the results when playing roulette at an online casino are completely random. There is no way for any one player to determine where the ball will land when the wheel spins. Many players prefer the randomness of the game and feel it adds to the excitement when a win is enjoyed. You may find some players stating that tracking past numbers can increase the chances of determining the next result, but this has not been proven. Online roulette is a game of luck rather than a game of skill.
- With Deposit 500 £ + 200 Free Spins Play here 18+. New customers only. First 3 deposits only, Min deposit GBP10, Max Bonus GBP500 and 100 spins on Cleopatra, Selected Slot games only, 30x wagering (dep + bonus) 5x conversion, Fulll T&C’s apply.
- With Deposit 1.000 £ + 100 Free Spins Play here 1st dep £20-£500, Max Bonus £500, Spin the wheel for 10-100 spin on selected NetEnt slots. Max. convertible, Wagering requirements on the sum of deposit & bonus and T&Cs apply.
- With Deposit £70 of Bingo Tickets + 10 Free Spins Play here First-time depositors only (UK exc NI, 18+). Min deposit £10. Max offer £70 of Bingo Tickets (£30 on Street Party valid for 7 days & £40 on Big Bang valid for 30 days) & 10 Pending Free Spins on Fluffy Favourites with winnings capped at £1, valid for 7 days. Pending Free Spins will be available once £5 of deposit funds have been wagered. All winnings will be credited to your real money balance.
- With Deposit 200 £ + 100 Free Spins Play here Applies to new depositing players. Min deposit GBP10. Wagering requirements apply 35x. 100 spins require 3 deposits. Full terms apply.